Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm only a couple days late but better than never...

I'm most thankful for my family. All of them. My daughter and husband especially. It's hard to remember life without Hanley. She is so magical to me, I can't get enough of her! I'm also thankful for how hard Michael works so that I get to spend all my time with our girl. Also thankful for each and every day of our 7 years together and knowing we have a lifetime more!

We had an all around great day. We started out going to Michaels parents house first, around 11am. We ate around 1 and then headed to my grandmothers house to see my family. I am the exact opposite of a gluttonous person on Thanksgiving, it's hard for me to eat a lot when the day is busy or there are a lot of people and commotion for some reason. I will always choose ham over turkey, stuffing over potatoes and the relish tray over everything I already mentioned! It was nice seeing Hanley actually get to enjoy some of the food this year, and if we're lucky, Hanley will actually have some teeth next year so she can enjoy all of the food!

Every year I have high aspirations for making something festive for Thanksgiving but it's just not the easiest when you have multiple houses to go to and the day usually creeps up on me and I'm ill prepared so I just forget about it....one of these years, maybe...

My oldest brother and his family are in from Chicago for just a few short days. Hanley is in the stage where she steers clear of "strangers". They've only seen Hanley last year around Christmas time and obviously she was just barely a mere 3 months old. When my niece met Hanley last year, she was 2 at the time and called Hanley "her baby Hanley". It was the cutest thing!

Thanksgiving day for Hanley was rough near the end. She is used to taking a nap every single day, usually around the same time (depending on the day) and for 2-3 hours. She got to sleep in the car for maybe 20 minutes. So the last few hours of the day she spent clinging onto me, being a little fussy and not going to anyone else.

We aren't Black Friday shoppers, never have been. But since my niece and nephew were in from Chicago, we took all 5 cousins to get their pictures taken. A few of them turned out really nice and my mom just wanted one good one of them all together so ultimately that goal was accomplished.  After pictures we all went to lunch then to visit my other grandmother who is still in the hospital with her brain cancer. 

What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes??















No comments:

Post a Comment