Thursday, December 5, 2013

14 Month Update

Hanley Hanley Hanley

Getting so big!

Hanley and I went over to our friend Angelas house today which is always nice. I love getting Hanley together with her son Ethan, who is only 11 days older than she is. And obviously it's always nice to have a conversation with another adult. lol While we were there I put Hanley on her scale and it said she was 23 pounds, which seems about right. I meant to verify again later on my own scale but I forgot.

I haven't taught Hanley any more sign language, she is saying so many words that I don't even really need to. I was curious on the number of words Hanley can actually say so I started a list. She is almost to 40 words, holy crap! Such a smarty pants! Also, let me add, some of her words aren't fully pronounced but I know exactly what she is saying... for example: milk is said "mil" and she clearly says "ball" but when she says "book" you would swear she was saying ball but there is a difference that I can tell but of course I am with her constantly.
Apple = balbal
Bath = bah
Snack = nak

She is starting to move a little faster, not quite running, but she is trying. She makes me laugh, if she gets excited she wants to run but her body tries to go faster then her little feet can take her and she either has to slow down or falls.

She is wearing 12 month and some 12-18 month clothing. I'm still nursing once a day; bedtime. Eats like a champion, mandarin oranges still the only thing I can find that she isn't a fan of. She knows her eyes, nose, hair/head, toes, belly and loves pointing them out on herself as well as other people (as she sticks her finger up your nose and says "noe" or pokes you in the eye and says "eye") lol. She has started to pucker her lips when she kisses and it seriously makes my heart explode each and every time she does it! Still only 4 teeth; 2 front top and 2 front bottom.

Her sleeping schedule is the exact same, I feel lucky that she sleeps through the night and takes stellar naps. The only difference is I just lay her down for naps now and she falls asleep on her own. When it's getting around nap time, I ask her if she is ready to go night night and she will say nigh nigh and go straight to the gate at the stairs. I will be honest and say it was a big fear of mine that I would never be able to just lay her down and let her self soothe so sometimes it still amazes me when I walk out of the room and she doesn't stand up screaming for me. Another thing that brings a smile to my face is when she wakes up from a nap, or in the morning, she will just lay'sit there and entertain herself until I go get her.

Her favorite toys right now are keys; which I had to make a special set just for her to carry around so she would stop pressing random buttons on our key chains. She also loves jewelry, books and anything that isn't intended for babies. She will get engrossed in this hungry hippo toy that my sister got her for her birthday. She loves opening and closing the belly and putting the shapes in the mouth.

She loves the show, Daniel Tigers Neighborhood and if you ask her what Daniel Tiger says she will go roooaarrrr, so cute! And of course our go to, the Disney Jr channel!







No comments:

Post a Comment