Sunday, December 15, 2013

Hanleys First Night Away

Hanley had her first sleep over at her grandparents house last weekend. I still can't believe it. She did so good, way better than I expected her to do. Michaels mom came over to get her Friday and they left here around 3 or so. She bought a car seat for her car specifically for this occasion!

I put a bag together of Hanleys favorite blanket and a few outfits and sent her on her way. I was most worried about bedtime and how she was going to do once she started to get tired and didn't have her Mama there. Her Papa (Grandpa) is her favorite person and I hoped he would be sufficient enough for her! She eventually fell asleep in their Pack and Play and slept all night (the other thing I was worried about).

I got updated periodically with texts and pictures which was much appreciated. She did so good and it was nice to feel like she missed us when we went to pick her up the next day.

While she was gone, Michael and I went to dinner. We have only been on 2 dinner dates ALONE since the little rugrat was born. Honestly, I love that time with my husband and we probably could benefit from more time like that but I am just so obsessed with her that I don't really mind all that much. Before we went to dinner, we got to go to the gym and spend as much time there as we wanted, which was nice to not have to worry if she was losing her mind in the Child Care. After dinner we got a little bit of shopping done. I was up kind of late, working on some crafts and woke up super early and took a long shower waiting for Michael to wake up. We then went and picked her up and carried on with our day!

She will probably stay the night again with them after the New Year sometime.

Side note: The only other time I have ever been away from Hanley all night was a good 6+ months ago for one of my best friends bachelorette party and I stayed at her house all night.

No comments:

Post a Comment