Thursday, December 19, 2013

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a weekend adventure I had!

Friday I had my last final for school and then I went over to one of my best girlfriends house to bake Christmas cookies all day!

Who knew baking cookies would take 8 hours!? It was so much fun though. I had never actually baked Christmas cookies to that proportion before. Michael stayed home with Hanley all day so she wouldn't be in our way. It's nice to have a little bit of time without her every now and then.

We baked snickerdoodles, chocolate chip, gingerbread and sour cream sugar cookies! Snickerdoodles are an all time favorite for me and she wanted to try the upside down gingerbread man turned reindeer cookies.

















Saturday I went to my moms annual work Christmas party with her. Originally, I was supposed to go watch my brother and sister-in-laws 5 kids but my gracious husband offered to watch them all, including Hanley so I could go with her.




 

Sunday, my great uncle had special plans for me and my mother-in-law. We've known for a couple weeks that he was doing something for us but we didn't know what. For the 3rd day in a row, Michael watched Hanley all.day.long! My uncle picked us up around noon and we headed for Cleveland.





We went to Severance Hall, which is named "America's Most Beautiful Concert Hall" to see the Cleveland Orchestra. It was magical and with the first song, I already had tears in my eyes! The lights were so pretty and I love listening to any choir! In high school I was in Ensemble, which was the elite, traveling choir; I miss singing in a choir!
After the concert we went out to dinner at a little fancy spot, NightTown, which was previously voted "best fine dining" but truthfully, the hostess was rude, took 45 minutes to get our food after ordering and the food was cold and not very good... I don't suggest it and will never return.

Overall, it was a fantastic and much needed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment