Thursday, January 2, 2014

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Christmas was magical with Hanley! She is such a little trooper on busy days!

Hanley on Christmas Eve
Christmas eve after I put her to bed, it was so much fun setting out all of her gifts under the tree. To be honest, she didn't have a ton, I didn't really see a point, plus I knew she would still be getting some from both sides of our families.

When she woke up Christmas morning, Michael and I brought her downstairs together and I set her down to see what she would do. We leave the Christmas lights on all night on Christmas eve so they are already on when we come walking down the stairs. I thought for  6sure she would see the presents wrapped and placed under the tree and head straight for them but she passed them and headed straight for the kitchen asking for her milk -- she might just be a creature of habit! So we got her some milk and I sat down next to the presents and finally she was curious and I helped her open some of them before she realized what the deal was.

We got ready and headed to my parents house to be with my side of the family and exchange gifts then we headed to Michaels parents house to be with them. At my parents house, we put Hanley in the highchair and handed her one gift at a time and she actually opened each and every one of them by herself and it was so cute! By the time we got to his parents house, she didn't really want anything to do with any wrapped gifts and between her Papa and me, we had to open her gifts.


Originally for New Years Eve we were supposed to go to a friends house as she was having a kid friendly party. Those plans were cancelled, which is no big deal, it's probably better we didn't have to drive 40 minutes back home around midnight with an exhausted little girl, bad snowy roads all while sharing the roads with all the drunks. We decided to go to my brother and sister in laws house and hang out over there for a little while. We ate yummy appetizers but ended up leaving around 11:30pm and Hanley was asleep in her bed by 11:55pm. I walked back downstairs and sat with Michael in his recliner and we watched the ball drop together, kissed, then discussed our New Years resolutions.

Hanley and my brothers dog
My New Years resolutions, in a nutshell, are to be a better mother, a better wife and an overall better person (there's ALWAYS room for improvement). I also want to make this year more about other people than of myself. I want to do random nice things for people, without any expectations. My mantra last year was "What Suzie says of Sally says more of Suzie then it does of Sally" and I'm carrying it over into the new year.

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas and New Years, I know we did!


What are some of your New Years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment