Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby It's Cold Outside

The temperatures tonight and tomorrow across the US all seem to be lower than average. It's quite scary to me. I heard the weather guy say that spending more then 5 minutes outdoors can result in frost bite!? Yikes! My husband and some family members work outside. We actually have a friend that is outside working in this weather as I type this tonight... That's just not right!



The other day we took Hanley out to Michaels parents house to take her sledding in their backyard. They have a fairly large yard that has a slight downgrade to it. This was literally her first time playing in the snow. Children don't really seem to have any concept of being cold, it seems like they could just play in the snow forever, long after red noses and frozen fingers and toes.







Hanley had so much fun on the sled; who am I kidding, we all had a blast watching her! We didn't keep her out too long, it's so hard to gauge how warm/cold they are when you are cold yourself.



Halfway through being outside I switched her mittens out because she kept scooping up the snow. I'm certain her feet were toasty and fairly certain her body was pretty warm with the layers I had on her. Her nose was a little rosy but her cheeks weren't pink much at all by the time we brought her inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment