Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Decorations

My Christmas tree this year just looks pitiful. I like my petite tree but the bottom 3 rows of branches are completely bare. I tried to leave some of the ornaments that aren't breakable down there but I just didn't really want Hanley playing with ANY of them because they all have sentimental value to me. 

This is also the first year that I didn't have to put any of the plain colored balls on our tree because we now have so many special ornaments. 

Since the year we started dating, Michael and I have had a tradition of getting each other a special Christmas ornament each year. I thought it would be a great idea to build up some ornaments and also, it's fun to see what we each come up with every year. 


Hanley was mesmerized when she first saw the tree for the first time



 I have no tree skirt on because I don't like the one we currently have.



That bright window doesn't make for very good pictures... also, notice the bare rows at the bottom...



 I made some festive garland for the windows, I didn't have any room on my mantel


Michael's so sweet, in 2009 he got me this birdhouse ornament and asked me to write that stuff on it.



This ESPN ornament is very fitting for Michael, found that one a few years back.


This ornament still makes me giggle. Before Hanley, our dogs were our pride and joy!


The first year we dated, Michael took me ice skating on Valentines Day and it was so much fun, that same year for Christmas we BOTH got each other a pair of ice skates ornaments! 


I got this one last Christmas from Michael, he said he knew instantly it was the one. I have a thing for penguins ;-)



My mom got us this ornament for Christmas the year we got married =)






No comments:

Post a Comment