Saturday, November 16, 2013

Poor Sicky Girl

The last few days have been the first time my little Hanley has ever been sick in 13 months. I'm so happy she's always been such a healthy girl because yesterday was absolutely no fun! Thank goodness Michael and I were both home with her all day.
She's been waking a lot at night because she can't breathe. We set up her humidifier near her bed and give her these cold tablets that seem to help a little with her snotty nose. I also brought my scentsy warmer to her room and mixed water with Vicks Vaporub and had that on for just a few hours.
I've read a lot of places that putting Vicks Vaporub on your feet with socks helps a lot so I did that as well before bed.
Yesterday she would literally just cry and cry and cry. At one point her little hands and feet looked veiny and purple so we actually took her to the urgent care. Once we got there, she was walking all over that waiting room like a brand new girl. Happy, talking, exploring. So I filled the paperwork out for them to keep on file and we spoke with a nurse and doctor briefly but there's really nothing they can do for a cold more than I've already been doing so we decided to just take her home and I gave her a bath with Johnson's Soothing Vapors wash.
After a very short nap, she woke crying again so I decided to do some sensory play to try to make her happy. I took one individual container of vanilla yogurt and divided it evenly in 4 little glass bowls. I mixed a drop of food coloring into each bowl of yogurt then placed the yogurt onto her highchair tray and let her go to town with it. She enjoyed it even though she looks pitiful in the pictures. You can actually see her hand print over her left eye from her nap lol.
I found this sensory play idea on Pinterest and plan on trying out some more ideas for her. Sensory play is all about exploring, examining, and learning. It's important for developing senses and inquiring minds.
She's also been feeling much better today, thank God!! Do you have any tricks or tips when your little one is sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment