Friday, May 2, 2014

19 Month Update

Hanley is 19 months old. Growing so big, so fast. It's hard to remember her as a newborn sometimes.

Everyone says this about their children, I'm sure, but she is just so smart and her vocabulary is impressive. She repeats any word we say and is starting to string many words together! She's been saying things like:
Has it = if she wants something
Hold you momma = when she wants me to pick her up
Love you momma = melts my heart...
And lately if I tell her something, or say something to her she will answer with "Otay" or "Otay momma!"

She is also so polite and has the best manners (usually, lol) if she hears someone sneeze or cough she will say "bless you" and she uses please and thank you in the right context often and I am always reminding her of those words if she gets demanding.

We are starting to show some tantrums, I try to ignore her or speak calmly to her and ask her what is wrong and try to discuss it with her but she is too young to discuss just yet, I think.

She is starting swim lessons tomorrow, and I am so excited for her! She is finally getting comfortable in the water and actually likes to be in the pool, because before she wouldn't want to stay in very long.

She has only gotten one more tooth since last month, 8 total, all front teeth.
Currently 24-25 pounds.
Wearing 18 months and 18-24 month clothing.
She is back sleeping with her pacifier for naps and bedtime. It doesn't really bother me for her to have it, as long as she gives it up after she wakes up, and she does willingly. So for now we are riding out the pacifier.
Sleep hasn't changed, she still sleeps great! Every once in a while, not even once a week I will have to go in her room and comfort her because she will wake up crying. I don't have to pick her up or anything, just make sure she has her pacifier and lay her back down and cover her up and walk out and she goes right back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment