Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and remembered what Memorial Day is really all about.

I've had a very busy past 4-5 days! I've done hours and hours of yard work for 5 straight days. I have never worked so hard in the yard and it feels very rewarding to step back and take a look at the outcome!! I really wish I would have taken before and after pictures but unfortunately, I did not.

I also cleaned out our garage! We've been in our house for almost 8 years and half of our 2 car garage has been trashed, stuff thrown anywhere, stuff just taking up space and blending in to the walls. It's not perfect but it looks good for what I had to work with! =)

The result of the tidy garage and tailored yard, I had to call for a special trash pick up. I have nearly 20 trash bags and other random garbage on the curb tonight and it feels so good!  Next, I will move to the basement and then my craft room!!

We attended a couple cookouts and I even jumped in a hot tub with my neighbors! The powerful jets felt so wonderful on my sore muscles from all that yard work!

Saturday morning, a few friends and I ran in The Color Vibe 5k! That's always fun and I am very proud of my best friend and myself! Neither of us trained for it, at all! I have just been focusing on weights at the gym and do very little cardio. Plus, my friend had strep throat and she still killed it!!! I'm thinking about running another 5k in August but haven't made up my mind yet.







I'm trying to load up our summer with as much as I possibly can! We are going camping in two weeks for the first time as a family and I'm pretty excited about it! I grew up camping and it's been over a decade since I've camped!



No comments:

Post a Comment