Sunday, May 18, 2014

Chicago

Hanley and I just got back from a trip to Chicago with my mom and grandmother! It was a nice trip after ending such a busy semester in school!

My oldest brother lives there with his wife and 2 kids. They actually live in a suburb of Chicago, called Evanston. It's a very nice town with lots to see and do! My brother just graduated with his masters degree in (some type of) art from Northwestern University. My sister in law, just obtained her masters degree also (some type of education degree). We went to celebrate their accomplishments and my niece and nephew had a dance recital we had the chance to witness.

I was most worried about the drive, 6-7 hours, with Hanley in the car. Lately her thing is "hold you mommy" where she wants me to hold her at un-opportune times, ie: in a restaurant when she is supposed to be sitting in a highchair; or when we are driving around town running errands. I really just think it's a confinement issue at her age and wanting to run like a wild child!

Anyway, the van we rented for the trip had a DVD player which helped immensely and she never complained at any point during the long trip. I had snacks and drinks for her, as well as books, coloring books and other various activities for her. 
















We visited the Baha'i Temple, 1 of only 7 in the entire WORLD. So intricate and beautiful. My niece and nephew were in a dance recital at the North Shore Center for Performing Arts with the Kaleidoscope Dance Studio. We also eat at tons of yummy places throughout the city, which is always a nice change then the typical chains!


It's always nice to see my brother and his family, I think Hanley had the best time. She is at such a great age where she loves being around other kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment