Thursday, May 22, 2014

20 Month Update

CAN NOT BELIEVE IT! AHhhhhhhhhhhh only 4 more months until I have a 2 year old! Jeesh, slow down time!

Hanley is such a joy and the light of my life! She is so incredibly smart and constantly shocking me!

She can count to 10 and she's been singing (sections) of the ABC song and it just melts me! I've been catching her singing "Now I know my ABC's" and my FAVORITE "Won't chu say, Love you Mommy!" because I'm always singing her the "I love you, you love me" song haha. She is starting to identify some shapes as well!

She is very polite, says "bless you " when someone sneezes and "thank you" if you give her something, usually without being asked! Puckering up and giving kisses, without being asked and tells us she loves us. She also will say "I missed you mom" when I get her out of her crib sometimes. (How can it get any better than that!?). She also knows its time to brush her teeth when I tell her it's time to get ready for bed and she just started to actually brush her teeth instead of just sucking all the toothpaste off! lol 

I would describe her as a cautiously curious little girl.
I feel like I say everything is my absolute favorite but seriously, it doesn't get much better than seeing her from across the room, kneeling down, throwing my arms wide open and her running into them!

She is such a great little mommy to her babies and stuffed animals. I adore quietly watching her care for them, pick them up with a blanket, shush them, sway while holding them, putting them in the baby cradle, covering them up, and rocking the cradle! SWOOOOON!!!

She hasn't been to the doctor lately but she looks to be losing some of her baby fat - especially in her big ol' belly and her chunky little thighs!

I'm very thankful that she had very few tantrums and is overall a very pleasant little human!

Her hair is getting so long and I can't figure out if it's going to curl or stay straight. She finally has started to cut all 4 first year molars at the same time. All the crowns aren't even out yet on all teeth but she's getting there, this makes 12 teeth in her mouth now! Finally!!

Sleeping is still going great! I've been thinking more and more about a toddler bed but I'm just not ready for all that big girl stuff yet!

Potty training is slow, nothing has really been happening as of lately when she sits on the potty but she's still willing to sit! Usually when its time to brush teeth!! Haha

I could brag on her forever, who doesn't like to brag about their little ones! She is just so bright and can pretty much tell us what she wants. She is getting better at putting words together to form little sentences and saying lots of multiple syllable words!

I love being a mommy to her so much, how could it get any better than this?

I guess I better start thinking of birthday ideas. Happy 20 months girlie! Now slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment