Friday, May 22, 2015

Gymnastics {Hanley} and Park Days

Hanley's never been very agile. She's coming up on 3 years old and isn't much of a runner. I joke that Conrad will be running before her lol she has what she calls running power but I could walk as fast as she goes.
Before enrolling her in gymnastics, I've never seen her jump off or anything. She's not a risk taker and times when we go to the park, she typically wants either me or her dad right there with her. Up until the last month she wouldn't even really go down a slide by herself very often at all. I guess maybe we've never pushed her very far in that sense.
Gymnastics has been great for her. She's been hanging on the rings, the bars, doing little flips, walking on balance beams and also jumping off the beams.
We only signed her up at The Little Gym for the remaining 5 weeks of the season. I personally think it's a little too pricey, nearly $20 a class and it takes us 30 minutes to get there from home.
After these last few weeks, we will enjoy the summer, going to parks, and being outside and then in the fall I plan on enrolling her into a dance class.
I'm anxious to see which she prefers after taking both kinds of classes and hopefully continuing in whichever she chooses.
Michael made a suggestion that any money Hanley receives as gifts can go into a fund for her extracurricular activities, which is a great idea. Even making that suggestion when people ask what to get her as gifts for Christmas/birthdays.














 

No comments:

Post a Comment