Thursday, May 21, 2015

1st Week 2 Against 1

Conrad is 3 weeks and 3 days old.

Midway through my first week alone with both kids since Michael went back to work. It's been going way better than expected. I've been trying to keep up with the laundry, dishes, and general housework so it doesn't get too out of hand. So far so good.

Monday a photographer came over to capture some pictures of my little boy. I was worried that Hanley would be too overbearing and get upset that it wasn't her getting her picture taken. She actually was really good but wouldn't really cooperate when we did want her in a photo.

Tuesday morning I took both kids to my grandma's house to have brunch with her and my aunt. I used to do my grandma's grocery shopping each week and I would leave Hanley with her as I was gone. Hanley loves her great grandma and enjoys spending time over at her house.

Tuesday after Hanleys nap, I had an appointment to get my hair cut. I had to take both kids with me again and thank God for a tablet to keep Hanley occupied and Conrad slept the entire time. The only challenging part of Tuesday was grabbing Chipotle for dinner after my appointment. Uhm, who else thinks Chipotle needs a drive thru, am I right!? I had Conrads carrier on one arm and holding Hanleys hand with my other hand. After we ordered, Hanley was adamant that she carried the Chipotle bag, that I'm convinced weighed almost as much as her. I'm thankful they gave us a handled bag but Hanley still struggled a tad carrying it to the car. A very nice lady offered to help me but we were feet away from the car so I graciously declined.

Today we had a play date with one of my friends and her little girl that's almost a year old. Hanley had a lot of fun and I'm glad they came over.

The last couple days and nights seem like they've been changing for Conrad. He wants to be held for naps, which isn't always possible. Also, nights used to be pretty decent but these last couple ones have been tedious because he falls asleep nursing or I get him to sleep afterward but as soon as I lay him in the bassinet, he wakes up. So then I end up having to pick him back up and we do this over and over until I get it just right (and sometimes it's 4am before I get to sleep, eeek). I might try swaddling him tonight because it's always his legs that he brings up to his chest or his hands he puts to his face that wakes him up.

Other than some sleep issues that seem to be changing, which I anticipated would happen, he's still a pretty chill baby and mostly agreeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment