Thursday, December 3, 2015

7 Months Old {Conrad}

I feel like I just blinked and this sweet little boy is already 7 months old. I think teeth are on the horizon, although it seems like his drool is slowing down some. He loves watching Hanley and has belly laughed at Chunk (dog). This month had many firsts!


Size
He is 18lbs and wearing some 3-6 month, 6 month, and 6-9 month clothing. Wearing a size 3 diaper.


Eyes & Teeth
Eyes are a beautiful crystal blue. He has been working on his first tooth for what seems like too long. I can now see white under the gum so I'm really hoping it pops through any day!


Hair
Blonde and super soft. It seems to be a tad longer on the sides than on top and its so cute.


Sleep
I'm just plain exhausted. I'm really hoping his sleep gets better after he cuts his first tooth. His sleep isn't getting any better and is still pretty bad at night since 5 months. I started a bedtime routine with a bath, books, and nursing but it doesn't matter, it still takes upwards of 2 hours to get him to stay asleep. I am wondering if he is having separation issues at night that are causing him to not be able to sleep?? I just don't know.
Napping 2-3 times a day for around an hour or sometimes more (if I can get him to stay asleep).

 
Diet
Nursing and feeding 2-3 times a day. He usually gets cereal/oatmeal once a day and whatever else I can find. He doesn't seem to be fond of avocado anymore, or bananas. Didn't care for oranges either-too tart I guess.
I also made an entire bag of sweet potatoes and fed him a serving of them but later that same day, he just screamed from belly pain and gas. I don't plan on feeding any more of them to him, unfortunately (because I now have a ton in the freezer) but I should've known better since Hanley was the same way when fed sweet potatoes.
He really seems to love his cereal and I remember I stopped feeding it to Hanley by this point because she just didn't seem interested in it after she got a taste of yummy foods.
Found out he has an intolerance to eggs - more on that in the next post.


Milestones
Took a bath in the regular bath without the bumbo (27wks)! He keeps such good balance in the water and loves being in there with his sister playing with the toys! I try to give Hanley some time in the bath alone for the first 5-10 minutes and Conrad always crawls over to the side of the tub and stands up to watch her.

He started signing "more" consistently around 28 weeks but at the end of 6 months it was very hit or miss on him doing it so I'm still working with him.
He also started standing up in his own crib at 28 weeks.


Likes
He started banging all toys on the ground when he would play with them (27wks) which is super cute!
He started paying more attention to the tv when cartoons are on around 28 weeks.


Dislikes
Being put down if he is tired. 
 

Nicknames
Bud
Bubba
Brother

  • First ear infection & antibiotics - I was wondering if he had an ear infection because each time I layed him down to sleep, he would cry. He had a doctor appointment to get him checked out because he had a fever for 2 days and our regular doc wasn't in so we had to be seen by a float doctor. She looked in both ears and said they were normal. Then 2 days later, he actually had his 6 month well check up and our regular doctor checked his ears and she said he definitely had an ear infection, and it wasn't new, it had been there, so that other doctor couldn't have known what she was looking at and I will opt to avoid her in the future.
  • First Halloween - he was a spider once and also a peapod once. You can also read about our Halloween on this post.
  • Celebrated his 1/2 birthday.
  • Got another cold.
  • Tried a few nights of CIO with no success. 
  • First trip to childrens emergeny room.
  • First time meeting Santa!
  • First trip to Chicago to visit family!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment