Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Conrad Pooped in the Potty {Conrad}



Mr. Conrad - 2 weeks from his 2nd birthday.

Earlier today, we were at my grandmas house and all the sudden Conrad disappeared so I walked down the hall to find him. The bathroom door was shut, I peek inside and he is standing there with his pants down. First, this was shocking enough to me because this is only the 2nd time I've ever seen him be able to pull his own pants down successfully because I ask him to try every single time the kids get a bath.

So I ask him if he wanted to sit on the potty, and he shakes his head "yes". I pull off his diaper, sit him on and he is trying and pushing but nothing happens. He starts to wiggle to get down off the potty so I put him down but remembered I had to run to my car to get a new diaper. As I scurry away, I remind him a couple times not to pee on the floor and that I'll be right back.

When I make it back in the house, he is still in the bathroom, but trying to get back on the potty unsuccessfully. When I make my way into the bathroom, he is adamant and pushing me out to shut the door. My grandma yells from the other room to bring him a stool so I grab it and put it up against the toilet. Completely reluctant to leave him in the bathroom alone, with the door shut nonetheless, I keep opening the door to peek in. He squeals and/or shoves me out every time. So I crack the door just enough that I can put my cell phone in and record on video. That way, I can watch from the screen on my cell phone instead of having to open the door wide enough to stick my whole head through.

That boy stepped up on the stool, turned around, got himself on the potty, held himself up, pushed, and legitimately pooped in the potty. He then got down, shut the lid, and tried to flush it (my grandmas flusher handle is goofy and not the "typical" handle) so that's when I walked in and literally screamed because there was little boy poop in the potty.

I squealed, celebrated, and then he did his signature potty dance and then we flushed it goodbye!

I was so happy that I wanted to tell the world what he did, LITERALLY, ALL ON HIS OWN!

I'm not sure what got into him that day but I like it. It's nice to know that he understands and gets it, now if he would just continue it, that would be great.

Not holding my breath but here's to hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment