Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Update ~ As Of Lately

My days seem to fly by in the blink of an eye lately! In the past couple weeks, it seems like I just don't have enough hours in the day to do the things that need done.

This semester I'm taking a Math for Modern Technology class. I've always been good at math, and enjoy the classes I've previously taken so much that I often wondered if I should transfer to some type of math degree. This class is NOT easy. It is very confusing and difficult and makes me so frustrated because it does NOT come easy to me. We formed groups in this class and have a group project due and have to do group work often which is nice because I always have a few people to compare answers with. I'm carrying an A in the class so let's just hope it stays that way!

My other class is an online Technical Report Writing class. Not such a breeze either. I went into this class with the mindset that it was online so of course it would be easy. No... It's very demanding and time consuming. I have to use a special daily pocket calender, left out on the counter, to keep myself accountable in this class. Something in this class is due every 3 days. I mostly work on this online class work at night, after I put Hanley to bed and by that time I am fighting to stay awake. I'm also carrying an A in this class so fingers crossed I can keep it up for 8 more weeks!

Hanley amazes me every single day with the words she is saying and the things she is doing! Just today she said "read", pee yew (for something stinky), named 3 of the Doc McStuffins characters, and said "happy" (I would say "birth") and then she would say "day" because it is her Nonni's birthday; all of which I didn't know she could say. She is the best little helper; she loves to help with the dogs, like feeding them, putting them in their cages, watching them as they are outside, and picking up their food bowls when they are done eating. She will throw anything away if you ask her, she will also attempt ANY word you ask her to repeat.

I was watching her look through a book and she was naming the items in the book without anyone asking her to. Things like "tools, boots, watering can, wheelbarrow" and the words she can't say fully, she will just say the first part but you can tell by looking at what she's looking at that she knows what she is talking about! It's all so astonishing to me, I love spending my days with her and watching her interact with things and watching her make new discoveries.

We are still working on our trips to the potty. I try to sit her on the potty a couple times a day if we are home. Always once at night, right before she goes to bed. She says "potty" all the time but usually says it after she has already gone "potty" in her diaper.

She turns 17 months old in a couple of days, she's getting so big. This is my favorite age, but I've thought that for every age so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment