Thursday, February 6, 2014

Being Thankful and Potty Talk

Sometimes I sit and think about how lucky I am that I stay home with my daughter! I gotta hand it to the working mothers of little ones! I just couldn't imagine working, maintaining my house, dinner and having enough time with my husband and girlie! Obviously it's done, by a lot of people and you have to do what has to be done. One day I may have to be a working mother, once I get a degree and have any future babies, so I try not to take this time for granted.

On another note, I always said I wanted to start some sort of potty routine when Hanley turned 18 months. She has been sitting on the potty a lot lately. Anytime she says "potty" or "pee" I take her to the bathroom and let her sit on the potty. We haven't gotten a little potty for her yet, hopefully soon. Also, anytime she poops she says "poop" lol so hopefully she keeps it up and it's a fairly easy transition for her! Even with all the potty talk and sitting we've been doing, she hasn't actually gone ON the potty yet, she isn't really old enough to understand how to control it, I wouldn't think. We'll continue trying as long as she keeps talking about it though.

3 comments:

  1. I can't get over how smart she is! I so wish that I were able to stay at home with C -- I definitely feel like kids with SAHM have a definite advantage over those who don't when it comes to early development of vocabulary, etc. Tate stayed home with Caroline her first year -- and she would go with him to work in the mornings, lol -- and I doubt he read to, or talked to her the way that I would have liked for him too. C is up to about 30ish words or so, maybe more (I am terrible at writing things down), but, getting her to say new words is no easy feat. It's like she just kind of says what she wants to and won't even humor us to try new words, haha. What types of activities, things do you do with her to develop her vocabulary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guys are definitely good at playing but not so much teaching lol we read A LOT I've literally read to her every single night for our bedtime routine since birth! Michael would read to my belly when I was pregnant too. I also think SAHM moms have a little advantage, I talk to her a lot, tell her what I'm doing, and ask her a lot of questions. I don't know if there's really anything in particular I do, but I also started sign language with her early and she still does them as she says the word. Also, every baby is definitely different!

      Delete