Saturday, November 12, 2016

Cleveland Indians go to the World Series!

I'm apart of a non profit organization in my hometown called The Nest. It started as a mom's group (now much more than a moms group) but we get together weekly for play groups and have various groups throughout the month. The Cleveland Indians contacted several non profit organizations in the surrounding areas and asked for volunteers to help work the merchandise booths during the World Series games in Cleveland. I'm not a huge sports fan but thought it would be a neat opportunity. The bonus and best part (for The Nest) is that for each volunteer on behalf of The Nest, the Cleveland Indians gave them $62 for us being there. That was worth it to me, because I love this organization so much. I worked 2 days; the very first game of the World Series in Cleveland and the very last game in Cleveland of the World Series.

The first game was crazy busy and we worked non stop for several hours helping customers. By the last game, almost every piece of "World Series" merchandise was sold out and there were more Chicago fans in Cleveland, it seemed, by far.

It was a very exciting last game and I really thought we were going to win it. I might of yelled when we actually lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment